Jaspers Darlin's
twitter Pictures, Images and PhotosFacebook Pictures, Images and Photos

Meet The Darlin's




This week, I'm featuring the ORIGINAL Darlin': Jaspers Dark Angel! As the "ORIGINAL" implies, she's best known for starting the Darlin's. She has 9 stories under her belt. Make Me Love You, There is Fault in Truth, and Learning to Love Again are her most notable. Make Me Love You Won a gem award for Best Romance and Learning to Love Again won a gem award for best E/B. She's a stay-at-home mom of two boys and her husband is currently deployed. She's also well-known for her "slow ass updates" (her words, not mine), though she says her updates may be slow becuase she is always thinking about her story and finding the time in which her sleep doesn’t suffer she can actually write is a wee bit difficult. Read on to see how she answered my questions!

1. Penname? Jaspers Dark Angel
2. How long have you been reading/writing FanFiction? A little over two years
3. What’s your favorite pairing? Jasper/Bella
4. What’s your favorite genre? love/romance
5. If you were to collaborate with an author, who would you choose to collaborate with? I have never really given it much thought. I was working on a story with Jaspers Darlin Kathy, but it stalled and we are trying to get it back on track. Right now, I don't really know anyone in the fandom. I cut myself off for a while.
6. Name some stories you think everyone in the fandom should be required to read (don’t forget to list the authors with their stories). "When Darkness Turns To Light" by Janna Banana, "A lesson in Release" By Lillie Cullen, but if you are a Jasper/Bella girl, I suggest you stop with ALIR and not continue on LOL, its too depressing.
7. What do you look for when reading a story (i.e. writing style, no mistakes, etc.)? I am so picky, its not even funny. If the writing isn't smooth and focused and the storyline isn’t believable I wont move past the first chapter.
8. What turns you off of a story? Bad grammar, unrealistic or overly convoluted plot, D/s, very dark and angsty plots, and the inability to distinguish between plot development and too many unneeded lemons....I told you I was picky lol
9. What’s your favorite version of Jasper (i.e. Geeksper? Domsper? Darksper?)? I like in many ways except Darksper and Domsper really. I really like Sweetsper
10. Is there any type of story that you will absolutely NOT read, regardless of how well it may be written? HA! I ONLY read J/B and Slash. So if its not J/B, E/J, Em/J, or E/Em I will not read it.
11. Who is your favorite FanFiction author? The girls I chose as the very fist set of Darlins were and are my favorites. NCChris, Kitty Cullen, Jaspers Darlin Kathy and Jaspers Izzy. Also, Naelany and Zulfiqur (who no longer writes). Its honestly been a while since I got to know the newer authors.
12. What is your favorite FanFiction story? "When Darkness Turns to Light" by Janna Banana and "Written in the Stars" by Eclipseofthetwilightmoon (this is E/B oddly enough)
13. Are you good at leaving reviews, or do you tend to simply “lurk”? If I read, I ALWAYS leave a review.
14. What do you do when you get Writer’s Block? Take a shower....Oddly, thats where I do my best writing. I wish I could take my computer with me!
15. What is the atmosphere like when you’re writing (i.e. quiet, loud, cigarette)? I normally have music on or its quiet.
16. What’s your favorite thing about writing FanFiction? I really enjoy playing with the characters that SM created. I love the feeling of knowing that people enjoy the story that I am trying to tell.
17. Least favorite? Updating! Holy Hanna I am awful at finding time to write and updating takes even longer. I am such a fail.
18. Slash or no slash? FUCK YES! Bring on the boy love!
19. What scene involving Jasper would you have liked to have read, rather than it having been glossed over in the books (i.e. Jasper’s history with Maria, Peter, and Char; Jasper wandering; Jasper’s reaction to Edward becoming infatuated with Bella—shown in MS, but not in Twilight)? I really just want an entire book that is JUST Jasper's story. Everything was glossed over in my opinion. SM set up something amazing with Jasper, she could easily make his story a series of books that start from just before he was changed to just after Alice and him find the Cullen’s!
20. Which is your favorite book in the Saga? Eclipse
21. If Jasper were a real person in your life, what would you do? I think if Jasper were real I would love to be able to talk to him about the civil war and what 1862 was like.
22. Is Jackson Rathbone your Jasper, or do you have another actor you’d rather play him? He is and he isn't. I honestly see Matthew Gray Gubbler as Jasper, soley because of the height. Jackson and Matthew could be brothers, they look so much alike but the Gube has a good 5 inches of height on him and thats why I see him as Jasper.


I admit, he's a cutie-pie... but not so much Jasper in this pic lol.

23. Is there a character (besides Jasper) that you absolutely love? Emmett!


Everyone loves Emmett.

24. Is there a character that you absolutely hate? Other then Edward, I would say Peter. I have no fucking clue why either!


I'm biased. I refuse to post a possible pic of Peter because I hate Edward too damn much and I enjoy humiliating Peter.

25. Are you annoyed by my questions yet (keep in mind you have a lot more to answer each week)? Nope, Keep them coming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!
Winners: Site You Go To For Jasper Recs

Followers


Share Us!

Photobucket

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop
Proceeds Benefit the Hannah's Hope for GAN Charity

Blog Archive