Jaspers Darlin's
twitter Pictures, Images and PhotosFacebook Pictures, Images and Photos

Darlin for a Day with RemyKilday

Photobucket





Hey guys! Sorry this didn't get posted earlier...I couldn't get into blogger to save my life. But I'm here now, and that's what matters! And this week, our Darlin for a Day is RemyKilday! She's the author of stories such as Darlin' and Love and Other Four Letter Words, and she so graciously accepted our invitation!


Well hello there! Words can’t describe the level 5 fangirl meltdown I had when Kitty asked me if I wanted to be a Darlin For A Day. I pretended to be cool, calm and collected when really I was shaking like a leaf and millimetres away from dropping my laptop on the floor in a my all my flailing and freaking.
It was more than a little embarrassing.
But, can you really blame me?
So, after all the shaking and squealing had worked it’s way out of my body, I set off to find the story I wanted to share with all of you. And in my favourites, I stumbled across a story that I absolutely love, and that is…

French Roast And Riptides by letmesign

Now. If you’ve ever read any of my stories or recommendations, you’re already aware of how much I love stories that start of with Bella and Jasper as friends. I don’t know why, I just do. And French Roast And Riptides is a prime example of why.
Jasper and Bella have been friends for over a decade, both harbouring what they think to be unrequited love for the other. They meet in Junior High, bonding over granola bars, bad dye-jobs and the horrors of being the new kind. Ten years on the pair are still inseparable, working together at Jasper’s beachside cafĂ©.

The Buzz had been open and consistently busy for the last four years. I made the leap with my friend, pushing him into opening a place with a little Australian flavor, knowing even then that it would be an extra draw for people on the beach. We appeared to be just a coffee shop, but sold sandwiches that Jasper's mom had raised him on; tons of Australian favorites—like dim sims, a fried stuffed biscuit; and about thirty different types of wine. And, like the true surfer he was, Jasper's place was a couple hundred yards from the shore, with an outdoor patio that made you feel like you were having a picnic on the beach.

After Bella is hit on by a rather persistent customer, Jasper and Bella decide to take a late night drive to a secluded beach, where they break open a bottle of wine and start to talk.
And we all know what talking leads too…well. Not all the time. But in this particular instance…

To my surprise, Jasper's forehead creased, his eyes wrinkling in the corners. "You think you've missed out on falling in love because of me?" he asked, his voice hoarse.
My eyes widened. "No! I just—"
"Bella, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you felt that way. Why didn't you tell me?"
Without thinking, I reached out and took his face in my hands, rising up on my knees. I smoothed away the lines next to his eyes with my thumbs, smiling down at him. "Because it didn't matter, Jazz. I always knew I was better off spending time with you than anyone else."

I love this story. Love it. I love it so much I want to run off to Vegas with it. It’s sweet, and cute and sexy and…I love it! The characters have great chemistry, and a history together that makes their relationship believable and makes you root for them to be together. So go read it. I demand it. And if this one doesn’t strike your fancy, check out her other story Layers which is just as awesome.
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!
Winners: Site You Go To For Jasper Recs

Followers


Share Us!

Photobucket

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop
Proceeds Benefit the Hannah's Hope for GAN Charity

Blog Archive