Jaspers Darlin's
twitter Pictures, Images and PhotosFacebook Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday Fic Review on Sunday




For my very first Friday fic review I chose Mood Ring by my very good friend lifelesslyndsey. Let me tell you, Lyndsey is one of the best authors that I've encountered in the fandom. Every fic she writes is 100% her own and nearly everything she touches is gold. So now, on with the review.




Summary: When there is nothing left for Bella, she decided she wants out. Standing in front of the white house, razor blade in hand, she says good bye the only way she can think of. A bloody good bye. But who cut's there wrists at a vampires house? JxB Lemons ahead.

Okay, so, first off let me tell you five things that I love about Mood Ring.

1. Gator Hunting.

2. Candymouth *shivers*

3. Mardi Gras

4. Edwards loss of limbs

5. Jasper slapping Edward with said loss of limbs.

Now we're on with the review.

This completed mulit-chapter fic starts out with such emotion it's just.... breathtaking. Bella has lost everything. Her mother and her father are both dead, and Jake has abandoned her for his imprint. She's so heartbreakingly broken, she really believes that she has nothing left to live for and, at the brink of desperation, decides to offer herself up to Victoria.

Without hesitation, without pause, I drug the razor across the length of my arm, from wrist to inner elbow, feeling my flesh part easily. It was a feeling I relished, and at one point lived for. Now I would die for it. Die and be dead. Sweet relief indeed. When I turned to the other arm, the razor slipped, my fingers were too slick with blood. But something else was keeping me alive now: Madness; sheer, dark, utter madness. I was already loosing so much blood, but I found the razor again, and my hands kept cutting; over and over again, till I fell to my knees. Blood poured from my arms, streaming at my finger tips in a pool around me.

"And she dies alone."

Little does she know, though, Jasper is in the house. Tired of being treated as a pariah by the Cullen's, Jasper left and returned to Forks. He's brought to his knees by Bella's manic, desperate, tortured emotions and when the scent of her spilled blood assaults him, he can't stop himself. Before he realizes what he's doing, he's through a window and on her, draining the blood from her mangled wrists. Sanity soon returns to him, though and he instead changes her.

After a not so ordinary change, she burns for 7 days instead of the normal 3, Bella and Jasper go on their first hunt and we see the first of Bella's talents, now, I won't tell you what it is, I don't want to ruin the shock, but man.... wow. Jasper and Bella decide that they don't want to stay if Forks, so the hit the road. Veggie nomads. They decide that they want to go to New Orleans and experience Mardi Gras and also visit Peter and Charlotte who have settled in the Big Easy.

Let me tell you, no one writes Peter like lifelesslyndsey. No one. He's rude, he's brash, he's blunt but he's so totally loveable. Bella strikes up an immediate friendship with him and Char, and Char introduces Bella to one of my favorite elements of this fic.

Gator Hunting.

"Fucking alligators. Jasper...that was seriously more fun then a grizzly." She rummaged through her pocket, "I even grabbed these for Emmett"

She held out a handful of massive sharp alligator teeth.

I laughed, as she held them in her palm, he right palm. Now, vampires are ambidextrous, but Bella favored her left hand.

"Isabella what is in your other hand?" I demanded, keeping my tone light.

She tucked the alligator teeth deep in her pocket, looking up at me through those thick black lashes, and even red, she still managed to capture that doe-eyed look. "I got it back, Jasper. That's all that matters." Then she giggled and ruined her facade. In her left hand, she held her ring finger, severed at the knuckle.

Priceless, just priceless. We see Bella slowly beginning to heal... and Jasper beginning to fall for Bella. When Char and Bella go hunting for Gators, Peter and Jasper get a chance to talk.

"So?" He began, and I immediately did not like where he was going, "You fuck her yet?"

Peter with his all knowing ways already knows what Jasper is feeling, even before Jasper is willing to admit it to himself.

After dancing around each other for a ridiculously long amount of time, Bella and Jasper both pull their heads out of their asses and tell each other how they feel. Their feelings collide in a shower of firey kisses and passionate touches.

Then comes Mardi Gras. This is just... there aren't words. You just have to go read it for yourself. But here's a little teaser....

"Jasper? Is drunk an emotion?"

Peter's face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. "Oh fuck yeah."

After what seemed like an eternity, and some careful determination, because drunk is not an emotion, but these humans we're putting out all sorts of things. Giddiness, confusion, lust, daring. It was an emo-cocktail of drunkenness. With a few trials and error, Bella and I found a good little mix, and suddenly every one was smiling.

"Shiiiit," Peter breathed. His eyes we're squinty, and he was holding a wavering Char up. "You're girlfriend is the shit, Jasper.

I couldn't disagree, "Fuck...humans." I said, perhaps a little to loudly.

Bella grabbed Char's arm, tugging her mercilessly from Peters grip, "Beads! Char, we need to get some fucking beads!" She giggled, throwing her arms around Char's waist, and smashing their bodies together. I swallowed hard at the sight of their bodies pressed together. Peter and I we're not the only one's staring. Lust was shooting of from every direction, and I was very near to pouncing on the both of them.

They eventually work their way back to the Cullens, where we have one of the BEST NM AU Bella/Edward reunion scene fights EVER. Let's just say, limbs are lost. After that throw in a few prophecies, witches, Maria troubles and one ba-dass Bella and we've got one kick ass fic. I really can't elaborate too much without giving anything away, which I don't want to do because you've got to experience this fic first hand for yourself.

Now, what I would like to know, is... why are you still reading this and not over on FFn being rocked by Mood Ring?! Seriously, go show lifelesslyndsey and her awesome fic some serious lovin'. Now. Go now. Right this very second.



So let me get straight to the point. I love this story. I was immediately sucked in with the first chapter. Bella's pain was so real. And Jasper's reaction was absolutely perfect to his character, in my mind. And don't get me started on Peter and Charlotte. I love it. Besides being an excellent story about what happened after Edward left, this girl has a way of writing smut. It's absolutely woooonderful. For example:

"Major, please," She begged. She knew not to call me Jasper right now and I loved her for that.

"You'll come when I let you, Soldier. Arch you're back. Ass out. And spread you're legs further." I ordered, drawing away from her.

I laid on the bed, scooting my face up between her legs. She couldn't figure out what I was doing. I wrapped my hands beneath her thighs, and around, cupping her hip bones in my hand. "Lower you're self."

She was embarrassed, she didn't like being vulnerable, "Jas..Major?"

I drug my tongue along her wet slit, "Are you talking back to me, soldier?" I demanded, teasing her with my tongue.

"Sir, no, sir." She gasped, bucking into me.

I loved this story so much I read it twice. The whole family is involved, the ending is amazing, and everything in the middle is worth the read. So what are you waiting for? Go. Now. *points*
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!
Winners: Site You Go To For Jasper Recs

Followers


Share Us!

Photobucket

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop
Proceeds Benefit the Hannah's Hope for GAN Charity

Blog Archive