Jaspers Darlin's
twitter Pictures, Images and PhotosFacebook Pictures, Images and Photos

Focusing on the positive in the fandom with @LadyTazz7



Today I'd like to share a few sites that are trying to focus on the positive in the fandom. Being the Holiday season it is a good time to reflect on the good things in life, including the fan fiction world. 

I did a short interview with Lady Tazz on some of the sites she's focusing on and what good they are trying to accomplish. Check out what she had to say....


Who is Lady Tazz? 

Well, I'm a married, 39 year old, stay at home mom of 2 girls Anastasia is almost 6 and Victoria is almost 2. I'm on the board of my local MOPS (Mother of Preschooler) Group. I do some inspirational speaking for them (yes laugh it up. I can be inspirational).


What is it about the Twilight Fandom that draws you in?  

I have never before had an obsession like this, I have never before have been interested in vampires. Till, twilight fell into my life. I believe it the fact that the books are written for BPOV in the first person, so you feel all the emotions. I just NEEDED more!!!

    What are your favorite pairings? 

  Jasper/Bella all the way! Then 2nd would be  Carlisle/Bella


    Who are your favorite authors/stories? (besides Cullen818, that's a given, lol)

LOL, you're telling me I can't say cullen818,this is censorship!

Ok, so besides the obvious, cullen818, my fav authors would be:

Edward/Bella

Snowqueens IceDragon

AwesomeSauce76

Missy Pooh

SnowWhiteHearts

BooBooKitty

Laura Cullen



Jasper/Bella

Jasper's Darling Kathy

Jaspers Izzy (
*blushes*)

mommybrook

JamesRamsey

Jasper's Naughty Girls (see I snuck Steph in) <-- Why you dirty...



Carlisle/Bella

SweetT129


    Totally stealing your line here, but, if you could have lunch with anyone in the fandom (besides Cullen818, *giggles*) who would it be and why? 


So if you wont let m,e have lunch with cullen818, I would have to pick my 1st fandom friend friend who lives over the pond, Bforqueen

    Where do you post your stories? 

FF.net, TwiWrite, MyVampFiction


    What peace of advice do you have to give up and coming authors out there? 

Just do it, stay true to yourself, don't let others sway your writing.

    What color underwear are you wearing? (And don't say you aren't wearing any, because you're totes too fluffy not too)


I have tan cotton boy shorts on. I know sexy, right? But, I'm really not wearing a bra at the moment, for real!

    Anything else you'd like to share? 

I love this fandom, I just wish we would be less negative.
I think that as authors, if we would be happy with what we have accomplished ourselves, and not focus on what others have accomplished, we would be a lot happier and this would make a happier fandom as a whole.


What is Heart of the Fandom?


The Heart of Fandom is a blog for the people who are involved in the Twilight fandom, who are sick or going through something horrible. So we as a fandom can send then out positive thoughts and prayers.

I call them my angels in need. I believe in strength in numbers, and that positive thoughts and prayers can move mountains and make miracles happen.


 What is your motivation behind wanting to start Heart of the Fandom?

 My heart just broke when I found out about some of the sick people in fandom. I thought that if we came together (as we do for so many charities) and just loved on these people maybe we could make a difference.

What is the Fandom Connection? 

It's a blog where you can go register yourself under where you live, so hopefully you can find someone in fandom that lives near you.


What is the purpose for starting the site? 


I have a fandom BFF that I meet on twitter, and she lives 10 minutes from me, I wanted everyone to have that. So, it's my gift to fandom, The hope that you can find someone close to you

I told Madam Akyria about my idea, and she worked very hard to make it happen!


Have you had a good response from them so far? 


The Fandom Connection, yes very much so and I love the tweets that people have meet from it and friendships were formed!


The Heart of Fandom, for the most part yes, expect one person who attacked it, and said they were all faking being ill, and I only wanted attention. so that hurt, But it's in the past and I just want to focus on the future, and give those in need some love and support.


What do you hope to accomplish with these unique ideas. 


It's simple really, I want to bring fandom together in a positive way, whether its finding a fandom member near you, or if it's just showing love and compassion for someone who is sick or broken.

I guess my wish for fandom is:
That everyone who is sick, heals,
And that everyone with a broken heart, that it mends.



Tell us anything you'd like about these site. (upcoming events, normal activities, any site news, etc)


Well, I guess I will take this opportunity to tell you about my new blog.

The Fandom Spotlight
This blog is my hearts desire, it is dedicated to finding the positive in fandom and putting a spotlight on it, so the positive shines!

On this blog we:

Have a form that you can nominated someone for our walk of fame.

We have an author spotlight.

We do podcasting, weekly. We are booked till the end of March already!

And coming in the spring of 2011 – we will have The Fandom Spotlight Awards.
These awards will focus on people who do positive things!



Izzy:
Well that sounds exciting. Look like there are some interesting things going on here. You can find these awesome sites by clicking the buttons below. Let's embrace the positive in the fandom this holiday season and spread some Christmas cheer! 
Thank you to Lady Tazz for doing this interview. You can follow her on twitter at @LadyTazz7
You can find her stories on the sites below:




This is my last post until after the first of the year, so I just wanted to take the time to wish Everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 





4 comments:

Thank you so much Izzy for doing this interview with me. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

MWAH!!!!

Tazzy


Awww, that was so cute :)


Well, eventhough Izzy tried to censor you, you got me in there anyway. lol Thanks for always supporting me.

Great interview ladies!

Lady Tazz has got to be the classy, most caring person in the Fandom!

Steph


Steph,

You just made the end of my year perfect. You know I totes fangirl over you and I respect you as an author.

In the year I have known you, you have proven to be one hell of a sweetheart yourself.

It's my pleasure to pimp you to anyone who will listen!!

Tammy


Post a Comment

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!
Winners: Site You Go To For Jasper Recs

Followers


Share Us!

Photobucket

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop
Proceeds Benefit the Hannah's Hope for GAN Charity

Blog Archive