Jaspers Darlin's
twitter Pictures, Images and PhotosFacebook Pictures, Images and Photos

Meet our Darlin' For a Day...mouse555!







I am proud to announce the winner of last week's "Caption This" segment and our Darlin' For a Day...mouse555! mouse555 is the author of 17 stories, rated K+ to M and star a wide range of characters. So if you're not sure what you're in the mood to read, I suggest visiting her profile. I'm sure you'll find something to pique your interest!

And now, without further ado, I present...mouse555!!!




As someone who wrote short stories and the odd rubbish poem since I could write a coherent sentence, 15 years of writer’s block nearly drove me to drink! Then eventually, it got to the point where I didn’t even try because I was got too scared.

Last year, I watched this film called ‘Twilight’. I have to admit, I wasn’t overly impressed, but I wanted to know more about the ‘phenomenon’ which I had heard so much about on the news and in the papers. Was it worth all the hype and comparisons to Harry Potter?

I popped into my local bookshop on a rare sunny Monday morning and bought the first book. I read it in roughly 8 hours (would have been less if I didn’t have classes). The next morning, I went and bought New moon and Eclipse. For the next 2 days, my kids didn’t see my face. Luckily, they are used to me reading all the time, they pretty much left me alone unless they wanted feeding.


Thursday morning rolled around and I went to the library. As all my Twilight books were paperback, I didn’t want to buy Breaking Dawn as it was only available in hardback (yeah, I’m a bit strange like that), but there were 32 people on the waiting list so I went and bought it anyway. I HAD to know what was going to happen......I really wasn’t impressed. All that tension, all the build up. For what? A big ol’ anticlimax, that’s what.

Friday = day off from classes! Facebook here I come! I was looking through some Facebook groups and found a link to a story someone had written based on the Twi characters. Intrigued, I decided to take a look. It was brilliant, but I wanted to see if there was any more so I looked around and found fanfiction. Found a fic and was hooked.For the whole weekend I did nothing but read fanfiction. I was amazed at how badly written some of it was, yet were getting positive reviews, but overall I was blown away by the immense talent out there.

Without really thinking about it, I started writing. It was a godawful version of Edward’s time away from Bella in New moon. I kept forgetting that Stephenie Meyer’s vamps didn’t eat and I had Edward taking a power nap, so I stopped writing and continued reading.

Then I discovered AH fics. I realised I could do what the hell I wanted with the characters. (I’m not going into details of each fic I’ve written, but if you really want to read them check out my profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2230828/mouse555 )





Reading Twilight and finding fanfiction not only got me writing again, but it has introduced me to some people who have become extremely close to my heart. I am able to speak to people across the globe that I would never have access to and every other week I am at the Post Office sending something, or receiving something in the post.


Through Twilight, after taking notice of the blonde who ‘looks like he’s in pain’ and having a play on google, I came across 100 Monkeys. Once again, I was thrust into a fandom that simply blew me away. The solidarity and support everyone gave each other was amazing and the love the fans have for these 5 guys was epic, regardless of how they discovered them. A lot of my fanfic.monkey friends and family (cause that’s what we are) have crossed over and blended together as we introduce each other to all sorts.


Now that I have gone back to school to get my degree at the grand old age of 30+, my writing time is severely limited, but I still always carry a notebook with me just in case. I have found myself writing more and more original fiction as I’m finding it harder to think of an idea for the Twi characters that hasn’t already been written much better than I could.





I still write the occasional fanfic one shot as I prefer writing these to multi chaps as I frankly suck at regular updates. I still love reading, but tend to shy way from so called ‘big name fics’. I have read a few, some I liked, some I hated, but I much rather be fic diving now and then and coming up with a unknown gem!


I will be eternall grateful to Twilight and fanfiction for:

a) Getting me writing again

b) Introducing me to friends across the world who are some of the best friends I’ve ever had.








2 comments:

yay i flove reading her stories, shes awesome indeed thanks for profiling her


wonderful writer, simply wonderful. and one best friends a girl could ask for! flove you hun! xx Lisa.


Post a Comment

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!
Winners: Site You Go To For Jasper Recs

Followers


Share Us!

Photobucket

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop
Proceeds Benefit the Hannah's Hope for GAN Charity

Blog Archive