Jaspers Darlin's
twitter Pictures, Images and PhotosFacebook Pictures, Images and Photos

Meet the Author

Labels:
Hey y'all - Happy humpday! This week we bring you an interview with Duskri123. Duskri123 is the author or Someday and I'm Never Far Behind (a Someday side-shot). Go check them out!


Where are you from?

New Brunswick, Canada.

Tell us your latest news?

I don't believe I have any. Boo, that makes me a bore then.

Why did you begin writing fanfiction?

I enjoyed reading the Jasper/Bella stuff but at the time there wasn't very much out there to read, so I decided to try my hand at writing a fic of that type.

When did you first consider writing your own fic?

About a year after I joined the fandom and just lurked and read about for that year. Those first stories of mine are now removed though.

What inspired you to write your first fanfic?

Heh- Jasper.

Do you have a specific writing style?

Someone cough JaspersDestiny cough told me I had aerobic writing. It gave a reader's mind a workout. I think I just free write. As it comes I write it out, just as I first thought it. Depending on which character I'm working on, the style can be flowy, or it can be choppy.

How do you come up with your titles?

Uh, I like to talk them out with people. But usually the title is a reference to something in the story, or it holds an important key to it. Someday's name was made by VSPS.

What fanfic authors do you drop everything to read?

Um... I have a couple. My list has dropped a lot. Oracle Vas. ClandestinePen. Jazzella (I pre-read). NauticalMass. JaspersBella (I pre-read).

What draws you to Jasper as a fic subject?

Just his character, and the all around lack of depth S.M gave to him. He had the basics, but I was able to take him a little bit deeper, mold him a little bit differently than what I was seeing from others. He's very dark to me, there's something about the fact of him offering to kill Bella in Edward's version of Twilight that really made me go 'wow, he's not like the rest. I don't care what the author tries to convey about him and his choices now'.

Are any of the events in your fics based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

I've removed Up All Night to cut out the middle man of constant 'when will you update' and what not, but that story was a lot of my teenage years. Jasper's character in Someday, his attitudes, outlooks, lack of care and general bitterness, well that's a lot of me too.

What books or fanfic have most influenced your writing the most?

Obviously the Twilight Saga has a lot to do with me writing what I do. The books I read in RL are nothing like what I write here, or read for that matter. I like Historical fiction more than anything.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider your biggest influence?

In the fandom? Oracle Vas or IdreamofEddy. For a published author, Phillipa Gregory and probably Stephen King.

What are you reading now (fanfic or “real”)?

Slash by Anthony Bozza and Slash.
The Red Queen by Phillipa Gregory.
Conversations with my Killer by Oracle Vas.
Leaves of Grass by NauticalMass.
Unfathomable Bonds by Zaytll

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

Oh NauticalMass by FAR. She's new, and awesome. You'd never guess the girl had just started writing her first fic by the content within.

What are your current projects?

The current projects that are and will be continued are Someday, and probably only Someday. It's my Jasper and Bella story, a little different from the usual, with a unique spin on the Isabella we all know. Jasper's just a tad bit nasty, but he's got his weak spots.

Do people outside of the fandom know about your writing? If so, who?

My hubby and my Gram. That's it.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Writing the death of a character I truly adore. Yeah, that was hard. That took me two weeks for four paragraphs. I get too attached to the story, to the people/vampires in it and it's hard for me to do harm to them. That makes everything I write a challenge.

What are your top five fics?

Someone Else's Memoirs.
Colliding Meteors by IdreamofEddy
Conversations With My Killer by Oracle Vas
Leaves of Grass by Nauticalmass
Scotch, Gin and the New Girl (Yeah, it's an Edward fic, but that Jas is AWESOME regardless of the pairing)

If Jasper was a song, which song would he be?

Which kind of Jas? Who's Jas? My Jas? Uh, if it's mine, I seriously adore anything by The Civil Wars for him. Preferably Poison and Wine or Tip of My Tongue.

But Jas in general? I like Swallow by Nickleback and By The Way by Theory of A Dead Man.

What do you do to overcome writer’s block?

I don't. I cry and sob a lot. Bitch and moan. Nah, I talk it through with my beta, or JaspersDestiny on Gchat. They're both really awesome for that.

Which of the Twilight Saga books is your favorite? Least favorite?

Favorite? Eclipse.
Least Favorite? Breaking Dawn. I pretend like that shit never happened.

Do you write or read any other fandoms?

Nope.

Is there any genre or pairing that you don’t read?

I will read most things, except Nessie/Jake stuff, most Edward/Bella stuff.

If you had to pick one fandom author to collaborate with, who would it be?

Heh- Can I pick two?

JaspersDestiny. Yeah, she'll be all screaming at me on Gchat for that. In a good way I'm sure. She might as well be my co author for some things, she works through enough with me. I love her for that.

Oracle Vas. Anything the girl would write I'd read... even if it was Jake/Nessie, or Edward... or poo. I don't care. I'd read it.

Do you have any plot bunnies begging to be written? Can you share?

Uh, currently I just recently went through an Emmett and Bella I'm working on. It's called 'When Lightning Shadows'. I'm two chapters in now.... but it just begged and begged... so it's in the process.

There is also a One-shot (possibly to be turned into a multi) that I'm seriously thinking about starting privately as well called 'Watch You Bleed on Pristine White'. That's a Jasper/Bella.

I had a Carlisle/Maria fic I began but it's slowed considerably. I really need to research the 
languages and times for that story before I go any further.


So there you have it, y'all! Thank you to duskri123 for agreeing to give us the scoop. Check her out and show her some love.



3 comments:

I have to tell you duskri123 is one awesome author and one hell of person. Love you bb! She is super kick ass and her writing is what I have termed as "fucking eloquent" over and over again.


I flove Kriss! She's a fantastic author. I can only imagine where her writing will take her as she develops year to year. Someday is right at the top of the pile for me. And I'd collab with her any day...

Good interview!


Fabulous interview! Thank you for the shout-out, my dear.


Post a Comment

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!

Thank you for our Gem Awards Win!
Winners: Site You Go To For Jasper Recs

Followers


Share Us!

Photobucket

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop

Cafe Press Jasper's Darlin' Shop
Proceeds Benefit the Hannah's Hope for GAN Charity

Blog Archive